Not All Zinc Anodes for
Swamp Coolers are Created Equal
When purchasing a ZINC ANODE for your Evaporative Cooler, ask these questions:
- Why do I need the SUNFLOWER® ZINC ANODE in my evaporative cooler?
The SUNFLOWER® will prohibit the growth of bacteria that causes the "fishy smell" and will control rust on cooler parts and plan.
- Why should it be in the shape of a SUNFLOWER®?
The anode should have a large, exposed surface area for it to corrode and release zinc into the water.
- Does the anode have to be placed in a plastic container to prevent damage to your water pan?
The SUNFLOWER does NOT have to be placed in a plastic container.
If the zinc anode requires a plastic container, it prevents the zinc oxides from flowing freely, thus allowing bacteria growth that produces the Fish Smell and can be harmful when inhaled.
- What is the zinc anode I am buying ACTUALLY made of?
The SUNFLOWER® is an alloy containing copper which causes the anode to decompose. Remember: Not all zinc anodes are created equal...
- How long has the SUNFLOWER® been on the market and PROVEN to work?
The SUNFLOWER® and penny zinc strip have been successfully proven for over TEN (10) years!!
- Where was the SUNFLOWER® developed and manufactured?
The SUNFLOWER® was developed and manufactured in the United States of America using U.S. materials, labor, and advertising dollars.
- Does the SUNFLOWER® costs more?
Initially, the SUNFLOWER® costs more, but in the long run is more economical. Depending upon the salinity of your water, it can last up to THREE years. (You get what you pay for!)
- Can I speak directly with the developer to ask any questions about the SUNFLOWER®?
Yes, please call either: 970-243-4149 or Toll Free outside of Grand Junction: 888-609-9766.