- Q: Why do I need the SUNFLOWER® ZINC ANODE in my evaporative cooler?
- Q: Why should it be in the shape of a SUNFLOWER®?
- Q: Does the anode have to be placed in a plastic container to prevent damage to your water pan?
- Q: What is the Zinc Anode I am buying ACTUALLY made of?
- Q: How long has the SUNFLOWER® been on the market and PROVEN to work?
- Q: Where was the SUNFLOWER® developed and manufactured?
- Q: Does the SUNFLOWER® costs more?
- Q: Can I speak directly with the developer to ask any questions about the SUNFLOWER®?
A: The SUNFLOWER® will prohibit the growth of bacteria that causes the "fishy smell" and will control rust on cooler parts and plan.
A: The anode should have a large, exposed surface area for it to corrode and release zinc into the water.
A: The SUNFLOWER does NOT have to be placed in a plastic container. If the Zinc Anode requires a plastic container, it prevents the zinc oxides from flowing freely, thus allowing bacteria growth that produces the Fish Smell and can be harmful when inhaled.
A: The SUNFLOWER® is an alloy containing copper which causes the anode to decompose. Remember: Not all zinc anodes are created equal...
A: The SUNFLOWER® and penny zinc strip have been successfully proven for over TEN (10) years!!
A: The SUNFLOWER® was developed and manufactured in the United States of America using U.S. materials, labor, and advertising dollars.
A: Initially, the SUNFLOWER® costs more, but in the long run is more economical. Depending upon the salinity of your water, it can last up to THREE years. (You get what you pay for!)
A: Yes, please call either: 970-243-4149 or Toll Free outside of Grand Junction: 888-609-9766.